SMPP or Short Message Peer-to-Peer is the protocol most often used by telecom companies and aggregators to connect directly to telephone operators.
WHY USE THE SMPP TO CONNECT TO THE SMSMODE© PLATFORM?
Our customers can use our SMPP service to send and receive mobile messages (SMS MT & SMS MO), as well as the delivery reports of these messages (DLR) to and from the smsmode© SMS gateway.
For customers who already have an SMPP implementation within their architecture, this connection allows them to avoid re-implementing the sending of messages via the API that may be required as a result of updates to the API.
For clients without an SMPP implementation, it should be noted that the implementation of this protocol can be quite complex and require low-level development.
HOW TO SET UP THE SMPP CONNECTION?
Contact our team by phone at +33(0)4 91 05 64 63 or by email at contact(at)smsmode.com. Your account manager will set up your personalised SMPP access and send you your login details for the channel.
Direct use of Kannel
You can use Kannel version 1.4.3 or later:
1. Download our kannel.conf configuration file
2. Edit the kannel.conf file and replace SMSMODE_USER and SMSMODE_PASSWORD by the identifiers that we sent you by email.
3. For security reasons, the default configuration uses SSL (*.smsmode.com certificate) and only allows connections from localhost. To allow connections from a different machine, edit the required fields in kannel.conf. For example, for the IP address X.X.X.X :
Admin-Allow-IP = "127.0.0.1; X.X.X. X "box-allow-IP =" 127.0.0.1; X.X.X. X "User-allow-IP =" 127.0.0.1; X.X.X. X "
4. Restarting Kannel
5. To send a message, make the following request:
Using Kannel with Docker
For Docker users, smsmode© provides you with a Kannel image with the pre-defined configuration to ensure the SMPP connection with the smsmode© server.
To use the SMPP service of smsmode© with Docker, it is enough to follow the two following steps:
1. To install and launch the Kannel image, run the following command, replacing SMSMODE_USER and SMSMODE_PASSWORD with the identifiers we sent you by email.
Docker run-D--name Kannel-E ' SMSMODE_USER = complete-here '-e ' SMSMODE_PASSWORD = complete-here '-P 13018:13018 SMSMODE/Kannel
2. Then, to send a message, execute the following command by entering the desired number.