General terms and conditions of sale and use
As of 16 March 2022
Download the Terms and conditions of sale and use, the Particular Conditions and their appendix in PDF (176 kO)Download the Terms and conditions of sale and use, the Particular Conditions and their appendix in PDF (English - 171 kO) Descargue el CGVU, las Condiciones Especiales y su apéndice en PDF (Inglés - 171 kO) Scarica la CGVU, le Condizioni Speciali e la loro appendice in PDF (Inglese - 171 kO) Laden Sie die CGVU, die Besonderen Bedingungen und ihren Anhang im PDF-Format herunter (Englisch - 171 kO)
smsmode© offers professional customers mobile messaging communication services under the conditions set out below.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THESE GENERAL CONDITIONS ARE BINDING AND THAT YOU ACCEPT THEM. FAILING THIS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORISED TO USE THE SERVICES OF SMSMODE©.
- Customer: any natural or legal person ordering the right to use the Services for business purposes and committing to these General Terms and Conditions, including natural person users who use the Services in the name and on behalf of the Client.
- Order: any order for the right to use the Services by the Customer, accepted by smsmode©, appearing on an order form or on the Customer's personal space on the Internet Site. The order can be made online on the Internet Site or directly with smsmode© by exchange of e-mails or paper, depending on the case.
- General Terms and Conditions or Contract: these general terms and conditions of sale and use of the Services and any document attached to or referred to in these General Terms and Conditions, in particular the Order and the applicable Special Terms and Conditions.
- Special Conditions: the special conditions subscribed to by the Customer, in particular according to the Services ordered and considered as annexed to these General Conditions.
- Recipients: persons to whom the Client addresses a Message in the context of the use of the Services.
- Data: data or information used or created by the Customer in the course of using the Services, including Personal Data.
- Personal Data: personal data that can directly or indirectly identify a natural person within the meaning of the regulations in force.
- Messages: messages or electronic communications that can be sent by the Customer via the Services provided by smsmode©, as described in the applicable Special Conditions.
- Services: services for sending messages provided by smsmode© to the Customer as described in the present General Conditions and in the applicable Special Conditions.
- Website: website accessible via www.smsmode.com.
- smsmode© : Calade Technologies, a limited liability company, whose registered office is located at 37 rue Guibal, Pôle Média Belle de Mai, 13003 Marseille, registered in the Marseille Trade and Companies Register under number 478 715 766 represented by Ludovic POGNON.
2. Purpose and scope
Unless special conditions are expressly accepted in writing by smsmode©, the purpose of these General Conditions is to define the terms and conditions of use of the Services by the Customer.
Use of the Services is subject to acceptance and compliance with these General Terms and Conditions (including applicable Special Terms and Conditions).
Acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions (including applicable Special Terms and Conditions) by one of the Customer's agents or employees is deemed expressed in the name and on behalf of the Customer by a duly authorized person.
3. Description of Services
The Services subscribed by the Customer are described in detail in the applicable Special Terms and Conditions.
To use the Services, the Customer must:
- Have Internet access (high-speed Internet access is recommended);
- Have ordered the Services concerned;
- Respect the other possible prerequisites specified in the Particular Conditions or communicated by smsmode©.
In general, all technical resources and telecommunication costs necessary to access and use the Website and Services are the sole responsibility and under the sole liability of the Customer. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Services do not include installation, configuration, adaptation, customization, or suitability of the Services to the specific needs of the Customer, nor training services.
Access to the Services by the Customer is done by means of unique identifiers, which he will not divulge and which are strictly personal. The Customer is solely responsible for the use of these identifiers by third parties, and in this respect guarantees smsmode© against any request and/or action based on a use, fraudulent or otherwise, of these identifiers. In order to avoid fraudulent use of the identifiers, the Customer undertakes to choose a password allowing a high level of security according to the standards and recommendations currently in force.
smsmode© reserves the right to develop the Services, in particular by making new functionalities available, or by modifying or deleting certain functionalities or by changing the applicable tariffs after informing the Customer. smsmode© will communicate to the Customer, with a delay of one month, the synthetic description of the major developments.
Any other services to be provided to the Customer must be agreed in writing in advance.
smsmode© grants no other warranty than those expressly mentioned in these Terms and Conditions.
4. Financial conditions
The Customer may take out a subscription, or not, under the conditions specified in the Special Terms and Conditions applicable to the subscribed Services.
Any issue regarding an invoice must be notified in writing, giving the reasons therefor, within 15 days of receipt of the invoice, failing which the invoice will be deemed to have been accepted by the Customer. Any delay in payment with respect to the agreed due date shall give rise, without notice, to the application of interest at a rate equal to an annual rate of 10% per day, as well as compensation for collection costs, which may not be less than €40, without prejudice to any other rights and remedies.
Any delay in payment in relation to the agreed due date shall give rise to the application of penalties equal to an annual rate of 10% per day of delay and an indemnity for collection costs of a minimum fixed amount of €40, without the need for any prior formal notice, and without this clause being an obstacle to any action for the purpose of collecting the debt. All costs incurred as a result of this failure to act shall be or remain payable by the defaulting debtor. Furthermore, in case of late payment, smsmode© can suspend or terminate the contract.
5. Term and termination
The term of the Agreement and termination conditions are set out in the Special Terms and Conditions applicable to the Services subscribed.
In general, the Agreement may be terminated (for any reason whatsoever) in its entirety or only for one type of Service at the discretion of the party terminating the Agreement.
At the end of the Agreement for whatever reason, whether early or upon expiry of its term, the Customer shall cease using the Services concerned by the termination and, in the case of the termination of all Services, its account will be deleted. The Customer shall be personally responsible for recovering the Data, which will be automatically deleted 3 months after termination of the Agreement, unless otherwise required by law.
- Early termination :
In the event that a party contravenes the provisions of the General Conditions and/or the Special Conditions, the complaining party may terminate the contract, automatically, by right and without any formality, 30 (thirty) days after a formal notice by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt has remained without effect or, as the case may be, immediately if the breach invoked is not susceptible of remedy.
- Suspension :
In addition, smsmode© reserves the right, in accordance with the stipulations herein, to suspend the Customer's right to access the Services, without notice or compensation, in the following cases
- The Customer’s breach of Clause 6 or the applicable Special Terms and Conditions;
- Any act of hacking or illegal attempt to use information on the network caused by or originating in the Customer’s account;
- Information provided by the Customer to create its account is incorrect;
- The non-payment of all or part of the sums due by the Customer to smsmode© after the due date;
- In application of an injunction or legal or regulatory provision applicable to smsmode© or one of its suppliers;
- In case of necessity for maintenance or security purposes (of which smsmode© will endeavour, if possible, to inform the Customer);
- In case of suspension of the provision of the Services by the supplier(s) of smsmode©.
This suspension will be applicable without prejudice to the other rights of smsmode© and without compensation.
6. Obligations of Customer
The Services are intended for professional use. The Customer must be of legal age and be able to provide proof of belonging to a company in the event of a request from smsmode©.
The Client undertakes to comply with the recommendations of the professional advertising regulatory authority (Autorité de Régulation Professionnelle de la Publicité - ARPP) regarding the rules governing advertising campaigns. In particular, the Client must notably provide clear and unequivocal, legible and/or audible information allowing:
- Identification of the advertisement ;
- Identification of the advertiser.
The Customer is informed that telecommunication operators may block SMS/TTS that do not comply with the rules defined by the ARPP and/or when fraudulent sms (identity theft, phishing, smishing and others) are detected. smsmode shall not be held responsible for such blockings that telecommunication operators may implement without prior consultation with smsmode or the Customer.
Furthermore, the Customer also undertakes to use the Services in accordance with national and international regulations, and in particular not to use them to post, send or transmit any content:
- Of a violent nature or likely to undermine human respect and dignity, equality between men and women, the protection of children and adolescents, including through the production, transport and dissemination of messages of a violent or pornographic nature or likely to infringe human dignity;
- That encourages the commission of crimes and misdemeanours;
- That encourages the consumption of prohibited substances;
- That causes or is likely to cause discrimination, hatred, violence because of race, ethnicity or nationality;
- That is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, obscene, that threatens the privacy of others or is likely to offend the sensitivity of certain persons;
- That is misleading, including by usurping the name or corporate name of other persons;
- That infringes the rights of third parties, such as but not limited to, any manufacturing secret, professional secrecy, confidential information, trademark, patent and in general any industrial or intellectual property right or any other right concerning information or protected content;
- Including, without this list being exhaustive, computer viruses or any other code or program designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the operation of any software, computer or telecommunication systems, or that constitutes spam.
In general, the Customer agrees to comply with these General and Special Terms and Conditions, not to infringe in any way whatsoever any rights belonging to third parties, not to use or distribute content prohibited by law and not to interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website or the Services.
The Customer acknowledges and accepts that he/she is responsible for the Data and content created, stored or disseminated within the framework of the use of the Services, to the exclusion of any responsibility of smsmode© or its suppliers.
In particular, the Client undertakes to use the Services only with regard to Personal Data concerning the Recipients that it is authorised to process, in compliance with the regulations in force, in particular concerning Personal Data, the collection of telephone numbers and canvassing or the sending of Messages and, where applicable, with the consent of the Recipient. It also undertakes to use, on a mandatory basis, devices allowing the Recipient to oppose the receipt of prospecting Messages or, if applicable, the processing of their Personal Data. An sms confirming the unsubscribing is mandatory on the marketing channel. It is sent automatically from the account that sent the marketing message, at the Customer's expense.
If the Customer is aware of a probable or proven violation of this article or of the applicable Special Conditions, the Customer undertakes to inform smsmode© in writing. Likewise, the Customer undertakes to inform smsmode© in writing of any request or communication from the competent authorities concerning directly or indirectly the supply or use of the Services by sending a copy of the said request or communication and/or all the information concerning it.
The Customer undertakes to use the Services only for his own needs and in particular not to resell all or part of the Services, alone or with other services, for the benefit of third parties, unless explicitly agreed by smsmode©. The Customer guarantees that the data he communicates are exact and in conformity with reality. He undertakes to modify his information on his account in case of change.
The Customer undertakes to guarantee smsmode© and its suppliers against any direct or indirect damage resulting from the violation of the General Conditions or the applicable Particular Conditions by the Customer, in particular any action which would be taken against it, or any complaint which would be lodged against it, by a third party, because of the use by the Customer, or under the control of its identifier, of the Services in conditions which would not be in conformity with the General Conditions, the applicable Particular Conditions or the law. This guarantee covers any sum that smsmode© (or its suppliers) would be required to pay for any reason whatsoever, including legal fees and court costs.
7. Obligations of smsmode©
smsmode© undertakes to make available and provide the Services in accordance with the French and European legal and regulatory provisions in force, and with the uses and rules of the IT services profession.
In particular, smsmode© undertakes to:
- Comply with the legal obligations specific to the secrecy of correspondence sent by means of telecommunications, the violation of which is sanctioned by the provisions of Articles L.226-15 and 432-9 of the French Criminal Code, subject in particular to the provisions of the French Act No. 91-646 of 10 July 1991);
- Ensure the security, confidentiality and integrity of Messages and Personal Data concerning the Recipients communicated by the Customer under the conditions detailed in the "Personal Data" Appendix and, where applicable, the applicable Special Conditions;
- Provide the Services and make them accessible 24/7, excepted for interruptions, scheduled or otherwise, for security, maintenance or resulting from force majeure.
The Customer declares that he is aware of the specific characteristics and delivery times of the various Services offered by smsmode©.
The obligations of smsmode© are obligations of means. In particular, smsmode© undertakes to implement all available means to respect these deadlines, and to inform the Customer of any malfunction as soon as possible.
8. Personal Data
The provisions applicable to the processing of the Recipients' Personal Data by the Customer (data controller) and by smsmode© (subcontractor) are set out in the "Personal Data" Annex at the end of these General Conditions.
9. Confidentiality and intellectual property
In addition to the applicable provisions on Personal Data, the parties agree to keep confidential and not to use for their own benefit any information of a confidential nature, including, but not limited to, any trade secrets, proprietary information, commercial and financial details and any other information of commercial value (hereinafter "Confidential Information").
This article does not apply to Confidential Information which the recipient party can demonstrate is in the public domain or of which it was already aware at the time of its disclosure, that falls into the public domain subsequently other than by a breach of this clause or that came into the possession of the recipient party legally via a third party.
If an authority or a court requests Confidential Information, the parties will contact each other and cooperate to minimize the possible negative effects of such disclosure.
The Customer acknowledges that, if an authority or a court requests smsmode© or one of its suppliers to disclose information relating to the Customer or the use of the Service, smsmode© or the supplier will be obliged to comply and provide this information.
The recipient party will return to the disclosing party all Confidential Information in the recipient party’s possession in any form upon termination or expiry of the Agreement.
The terms of this clause will survive the expiry or early termination of the Agreement, as long as the Confidential Information does not fall into the public domain
In addition, it is specified that the intellectual property rights to any software, information, technology or data whatsoever provided by one or other of the parties within the framework of the Agreement, shall remain the property of that party.
- Client: the Client uses the Services under its entire and exclusive responsibility. In particular, the Customer is solely responsible for the use he makes of the Services and the Data he uses or communicates through the Services.
- smsmode© : the parties acknowledge that, due to the complex nature of the telecommunications networks and the Services, the latter are likely to present undetected or unidentified malfunctions. The Contract is concluded between the parties with full knowledge of the possible existence of such malfunctions. smsmode© is therefore only bound by an obligation of means and consequently may only be held liable if proof is provided that it has not made all of its resources available to the Customer with a view to making the Services available and providing them in accordance with these General Conditions and the applicable Special Conditions. Being subject to an obligation of means, smsmode© cannot be held responsible for any damage, whatever its nature, resulting from the unavailability of the Services not due to a proven fault of smsmode©.
In no case, smsmode© can be held towards the Customer, of any indirect damage in particular but without limitation, any loss of earnings, operating losses, profits, data, recordings or contents, any interruption of activity or the impossibility of accessing them apart from the cases provided for in the General Conditions and Particular Conditions applicable.
The amount of damage for which smsmode© could be held responsible, under the conditions provided for above, will be limited to the sum that the Customer has effectively paid for the supply of the Services concerned during the twelve (12) month period which preceded the event which caused the damage.
Any complaint in respect of the execution, non-execution or poor execution of a Service must be notified in writing by the Customer to smsmode© within a period of 3 months as from the execution of the said service or the date of the event which caused the damage.
- Force Majeure: Neither party shall be liable for any breach of its obligations hereunder if such breach results from any act, fact or event beyond its control, in particular as a result of force majeure, including, without limitation, those events recognised as such by case law, and, without limitation: strikes, wars, import or export embargoes, lock-outs, accidents, fires, blockades, natural disasters, pandemics, disruptions, cuts and anomalies affecting transmissions through the telecommunications networks, delays, suspensions or interruptions of service by mobile telephone operators, orders from the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority imposing the total or partial suspension of GSM public radiotelephony, power cuts or any other technical difficulty or malfunction of the Internet network.
- Indemnification: Generally, each party shall indemnify the other party against all claims made by any third party in connection with the provision or use of the Services under this Agreement, provided that the party seeking indemnification (i) immediately notifies the other party of such third party claim, (ii) grants the other party control over the defence of such claim, (iii) does not enter into any negotiations or settlement without the consent of the other party, and (iv) co-operates in all respects with the other party in the defence of the claim.
11. Governing law, disputes and juridisction
These General Terms and Conditions shall be governed by French law. In its relationship with the Customer, only the French version of these General Terms and Conditions shall be authentic.
In the event of a dispute relating to the validity, interpretation, performance or termination of these General Terms or Conditions or of the Agreement between the parties, the parties will try to resolve their dispute amicably. Failing this, within one month of the notification of the dispute by one party to the other party, the dispute will be submitted to the Commercial Court of Marseille, to which jurisdiction is expressly granted, even in the case of multiple defendants, emergency or summary proceedings. The dispute must be submitted within one year from the day the Party bringing the claim became aware or should have become aware of the facts on which its claim is based. The condition of amicable settlement will not apply in the case of summary or emergency proceedings.
12. General provisions
Should any provision of this Agreement be null and void or unenforceable by virtue of a law, regulation or enforceable decision by a Court or competent authority, the parties expressly agree that the agreement shall not be affected by the invalidity of the aforementioned clause.
Failure by either party to require at any time the strict performance by the other party of any provision of these General Terms and Conditions may not be deemed to constitute a permanent waiver of such provision. Accordingly, each party may at any time request the strict and complete performance by the other party of this Agreement. The Customer grants to smsmode© the right to use and reproduce the name and logo of the Customer, for reference only, for any display or use on the Website or on any commercial media of smsmode©.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF SALE AND USE
OF THE SMS / TTS SENDING SERVICE
The present Special Conditions complete the general conditions of sale and use of smsmode© ("General Conditions" or GCVU) and are applicable to the use of the SMS/TTS sending service.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THESE SPECIAL CONDITIONS ARE BINDING AND THAT YOU ACCEPT THEM. FAILING THIS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORISED TO USE THE SMS/TTS SENDING SERVICE OF SMSMODE©.
1. Purpose and scope
The purpose of these Special Conditions is to define the terms and conditions of use of the Short Message Service (SMS) and Text To Speech (TTS) services provided by smsmode© to the Customer in addition to the General Conditions.
The Order and use of the Services is subject to acceptance and compliance with these General Terms and Conditions and Special Terms and Conditions.
2. Description of Services - Details with regard to clause 3 of the general terms and conditions
The Services enable the Customer to send SMS/TTS to the mobile phone of the correspondent of its choice, the Recipient(s), either immediately or after a delay, and either one by one or en masse.
Depending on the type of SMS/TTS used and as desired by the Customer, an SMS/TTS receipt report may be obtained and, for SMS only, the sender may be customized.
The smsmode© Internet Site also provides an address book system enabling the management of lists of contacts, which can be used when programming the dispatches, a red list enabling the storage of the numbers of the Recipients who do not wish to receive SMS/TTS from the Customer and a system for the management of sub-accounts of the Customer's main account.
Duplicate numbers can be processed based on the address book.
In addition, any duplicates are systematically identified when sending an SMS/TTS in order to send a single SMS/TTS per Recipient.
For non-subscribing Customers, the Services include access to smsmode© e-mail support, subject to reasonable requests and within the limit of 5 tickets per month.
For subscribing customers, the Services include access to support by e-mail and by telephone during smsmode© opening hours (Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 5pm excluding public holidays), subject to reasonable requests and within the limit of 30 tickets per month.
In order to be able to use the Services, the Customer must have credited its account by a prior purchase of credits for non-subscribing Customers, or have taken out a subscription, for subscribing Customers (see details in Clause 3 of these Special Terms and Conditions).
3. Financial conditions - details with regard to clause 4 of the general terms and conditions
The Customer may take out a subscription, or not, under the following conditions:
The Customer takes out a subscription under the conditions defined in the Order (which defines in particular the price of the subscription and the rate applicable to the sending of SMS/TTS). The flat rate applicable to the subscription is due, whether or not the Customer has used the Services during the month in question.
In the event of subscription, the Customer undertakes to pay the amount due to smsmode© for the subscription and the SMS/TTS consumed during the period elapsed, as mentioned in the invoice drawn up by smsmode©.
- Non-subscriber customers :
the Customer must acquire "credits" from smsmode© before using the Services, which give the right to access the Services and to send a determined number of SMS/TTS.
The Customer undertakes to pay the amount due to smsmode© when purchasing credits by bank card, transfer, cheque or direct debit. The details of the rates in force are accessible on the Internet Site.
The credits are valid and usable only after effective collection of the price by smsmode©.
Any purchase of credits is definitive and the Customer may in no case request partial or total reimbursement.
The validity period of the credits is 12 months from their purchase. If they are not used within this period, they will be lost and the Customer will not be able to claim any reimbursement of credits not used.
smsmode© reserves the right to modify at any time the prices of the credits or SMS/TTS and will not offer any price reduction or proceed to any reimbursement in case of price reduction or promotional offer subsequent to the date of purchase of the credits.
4. Term and termination - details with regard to clause 5 of the general terms and conditions
The subscription is valid for a period of one year from the date of subscription. At the end of the term, the subscription will be tacitly renewed for a period equal to that of the initial contract unless terminated.
Each of the two parties may unilaterally terminate the subscription without having to give any justification. The termination will only take effect after the date of expiry of the subscription. This cancellation shall be made by letter with acknowledgement of receipt at least one working month before the end of the current subscription.
The Customer may at any time, during the duration of the subscription, modify the type of subscription, in particular to access other services made available by smsmode©. The change of subscription will be done by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt addressed to smsmode© at least one working month before the effective date of the change and subject to the agreement of smsmode©.
- Non-subscriber customers :
the contract is concluded upon acceptance of the Order, for an indefinite period. Either party may unilaterally terminate the contract without having to give any justification by letter with acknowledgement of receipt with a one month notice.
In the event of inactivity for a period of 18 consecutive months, the account may be deleted after informing the Client with a 15-day notice.
5. Obligations of Customer - details with regard to clause 6 of the general terms and conditions
In addition to the obligations set out in Clause 6 of the General Terms and Conditions, the Customer is informed that STOP SMS is a tool that allows recipients of SMS/TTS sent by the Customer to unsubscribe from the distribution list. It must be used for any marketing, sales campaign or promotional campaign in accordance with Article L.121-20-5 of the French Consumer Code. The Customer must remove the Recipients from the mailing list in the event of opposition to the receipt of SMS/TTS or to the processing of their data.
6. Obligation of smsmode© - Clarifications made to Article 7 of the GCU
In addition to the obligations stipulated in Article 7 of the General Terms and Conditions, the Customer is informed that the messages will be considered as sent to the Recipient's mobile when they are transmitted to the mobile operator directly or via an interface provided by the operator. smsmode© does not guarantee delivery by the mobile operator.
Moreover, each SMS/TTS is valid for 24 hours from the date it is sent. After such time, the SMS/TTS will be considered as non-deliverable and no new delivery attempt will be made.
Processing of personal data by smsmode© as a subcontractor
The purpose of this appendix is to define the conditions under which smsmode© undertakes to carry out on behalf of the Customer the processing operations of the Personal Data of the Recipients within the framework of the execution of the Services.
In the context of their contractual relationship, both Parties undertake to comply with regulations applicable to the processing of personal data, including in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 applicable as of 25 May 2018 (hereinafter the “GDPR ”).
smsmode© endeavours to take into account the principles of data protection from the design stage and of data protection by default within the framework of the development of the Solution.
This appendix shall apply in addition and without prejudice to the General Terms and Conditions and applicable Special Terms and Conditions. Words commencing with a capital letter are defined in the General Terms and Conditions and applicable Special Terms and Conditions.
1. Processing operations
In accordance with Article 28.3 of the GDPR, the processing of Personal Data in the context of the Customer’s use of the Services is described below.
The use of the Services requires the processing of Personal Data concerning the Recipients of the Messages, for which the Customer is the data controller and smsmode© is the subcontractor.
Types of personal data: the Personal Data of the Recipients processed by smsmode© on behalf of the Customer are the following:
- As a minimum, the mobile phone number of the Recipient and the Message to be sent are mandatory,
- Optionally, at the Customer’s discretion: the Recipient’s first name, company, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address, town/city and country.
Categories of persons concerned : Recipients of the Messages.
Nature and purpose of the processing:collection and management of the details of the Recipients and of the Messages determined by the Client in order to allow the sending of said Messages to the Recipients.
Duration of the treatment: duration of the contract concluded between smsmode© and the Customer.
2. Obligations of the Customer (data controller)
The Customer undertakes to comply with the applicable regulations (including, but not limited to, concerning protection of Personal Data, collection of telephone numbers, marketing and the sending of Messages) with regard to Recipients.
The Customer shall ensure confidentiality of the login and password used to access the Services and to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to use the Services on devices, software and equipment under its responsibility.
The general obligations of the Customer when using the Services are set out in the applicable General Terms and Conditions.
3. Obligations of smsmode©
smsmode© has the quality of a subcontractor in the sense of the applicable regulations.
As such, in application of Article 28.3 a) of the GDPR , smsmode© only processes Personal Data on documented instructions from the Customer, for the purposes set out in this Annex. This Annex and the actions of the Customer in the context of the use of the Services constitute the instructions of the Customer.
If smsmode© is obliged to transfer data to a third country or to an international organisation, by virtue of European Union law or French law, smsmode© will inform the Customer of this, unless prohibited for important reasons of public interest.
In application of article 28.3 b) of the GDPR , smsmode© ensures that the persons authorised to process the Recipients' Personal Data undertake to respect the confidentiality of this Personal Data and are aware of the need to protect Personal Data.
In application of article 28.3 c) of the GDPR , smsmode© makes its best efforts to take all appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to guarantee a level of security adapted to the processing of the Recipients' Personal Data.
In application of article 28.3 e) of the GDPR , smsmode© undertakes to collaborate as far as possible with the Customer to respond to any request from a Recipient whose Personal Data is used within the framework of the Services formulated in accordance with the regulations in force. In this respect, the Customer is informed that he can himself rectify or delete the Personal Data of the Recipients on his account on the Internet Site. smsmode© will transmit to the Customer any request from a Recipient which would reach him directly.
In application of articles 28.3 f) and h) of the GDPR, the Customer may ask smsmode© for reasonable information or audit reports available to help it guarantee compliance by smsmode© with its obligations. The available technical documentation is accessible on the Website. smsmode© will use its best efforts to inform, to the extent possible, the Customer if smsmode© becomes aware of an instruction which, in its opinion, constitutes a violation of the applicable provisions. smsmode© will use its best efforts to inform the Customer of any violation of a Recipient's Personal Data as soon as possible after becoming aware of it.
Subject to complying with the confidentiality obligations stipulated in the General Terms and Conditions above, the Customer may request an on-site audit of the security measures undertaken by smsmode© with regard to the protection of Customer Personal Data. The audit can be carried out by the Customer itself or by an independent third party auditor mandated by the Customer (smsmode© reserves the right to reject the appointment of the third party auditor by providing reasonable reasons). The Customer must inform smsmode© about the date the audit will be conducted with at least a fifteen (15) days prior written notification. Then the customer will have to contact smsmode© in order to agree on the terms of the audit, i.e. its scope, its schedule and its duration. The Customer will bear all the costs associated with the audit. The Parties agree that such audit can be conducted only for a maximum of five (5) working days, and only once per year.
In application of article 28.3 g), smsmode© may return and delete the Personal Data of the Recipients hosted within the framework of the use of the Services, at the end of the contractual relationship.
Regarding the duration of the storage of messaging logs, the data will remain in the active database for 6 months. Once this period has elapsed, the data will be archived for 12 months and then permanently deleted.
In application of articles 28.2, 28.3 d) and 28.4, the Customer authorises smsmode© to use subcontractors for the execution of the Services, for which smsmode© undertakes to ask them to respect the obligations applicable to the Personal Data. smsmode© remains responsible to the Customer for the execution of the contract. The list of subcontractors is available on simple request from the Customer.
smsmode© will inform the Customer in advance of any planned changes concerning the addition or replacement of other subcontractors, and the Customer will have the possibility of objecting to these changes within 15 days, indicating the reasons for these objections. In this case, the Client may terminate the contract.