for sending SMS
A set of practical sheets to discover and master all the features of creating and optimizing your SMS campaigns.
The words "STOP SMS" to be in line with the legislation of mobile marketing
You are obligated, by carrying out any SMS marketing campaign, to propose a simple, clear and free way to oppose the reception of new solicitations.
This legal obligation required by the CNIL imposes the presence in your messages of a means of unsubscribing or a "STOP SMS" message when sending any SMS campaign of a commercial or advertising nature.
If you do not clearly inform the recipient of the unsubscribe procedure, you risk a fine of up to €20,000 in case of a complaint. However, if you only send informative SMS messages, you are not obliged to include this information in your message.
Make sure you use this statement correctly and stay in compliance with the CNIL obligations!
What form does the STOP SMS take?
- in the case of transmissions to French numbers, the "STOP SMS" mention takes the form of the text "STOP" followed by the shortcode (short number - e.g. 36034, which can also be changed arbitrarily) and which is automatically placed at the end of the message for a total of 10 characters
- in the case of mailings to international numbers, the unsubscription mention is automatically replaced by our system by the mention "no-sms.eu" (since shortcodes are not taken into account abroad), i.e. a total of 9 characters.
Our SMS sending services automatically manage the correct wording for each of the numbers you send.
How does the word "STOP SMS" work?
- the words "STOP 36034" or "no-sms.eu" are automatically inserted at the end of the message sent; this works even if you use a customised sender
- the recipient simply sends "STOP" to the number "36034" or fills in the form on the "no-sms.eu" page to unsubscribe
- the unsubscription is taken into account automatically and a confirmation of unsubscription is automatically sent to your recipient by SMS
- the unsubscribed mobile number is visible in your customer area in the "blacklist" section
The sending of a confirmation SMS to unsubscribe is compulsory and a credit will be automatically deducted from your account each time you unsubscribe.
Managing the "STOP SMS" on your account
The integration on your customer space of the "STOP SMS" feature, which automatically inserts this statement at the end of your message, allows you to be in full compliance with the legislation in force.
Ifyou only run campaigns of an informative nature, we invite you to contact our team (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 91 05 64 63), so that we can set up your account as a "notification". You will then be able to activate or deactivate the display of the "stop SMS" mention at any time.
When writing a new message, the text "STOP SMS" adapted to the type of SMS is automatically inserted at the end of your message. The preview on the right shows you this!
The possibility of unchecking the box that removes the "STOP SMS" mention (1 ) in your message when creating a new sending is only available for "Notification" type accounts (by default, all accounts on our platform are set to "marketing" type. See below to have your account set to "Notification" type).
Still only in the case of "Notification" type accounts, you have the possibility to permanently deactivate this functionality by going to the "Settings " tab and the "Alerts" sub-heading (2).
You can then uncheck the box (3 ) which deactivates the automatic insertion of the STOP SMS at the end of the message.