The Black Friday marketing campaign is a must
Black Friday, which will take place on 26 November this year, is the ephemeral commercial event par excellence:
- 4th most important marketing event of the year (55% of brands find it increasingly so).
- It is ideally located, away from any other sales periods.
- The approach of the festive season provides an additional reason to buy.
- The promotions are exceptional.
- Buyers only have 24 hours to take advantage of it.
Faced with such a high sales potential concentrated in a single day, it's important not to miss any communication!
It is a blitz, there will be no catching up, this is important for consumers, but also for marketers, it is therefore necessary to communicate quickly and provide clear information likely to trigger the intention to buy.
In this sense, Black Friday is typically the kind of event where an SMS marketing campaign can make a difference.
SMS marketing, a definite asset for Black Friday
Are you sure that your offers are the best? Choose a marketing channel that can ensure that your prospects will read it.
Today, every consumer with a mobile phone consults it throughout the day. Since the share of French people equipped with a smartphone is 98% for 18-24 year olds and 95% for 25-39 year olds (Statista), your SMS campaign for Black Friday has the potential to reach everyone. A potential multiplied tenfold by the advantages of SMS. With its opening rate of almost 98%, you can be sure that you will be read. It will also allow you to stand out from the competition on a day when your customers will receive a large number of solicitations, and for good reason.
72% of French people believe that Black Friday allows them to make good deals. In 2020, 52% of them took advantage of it to make a purchase despite the health situation (enov study). Black Friday 2021 should therefore be another great edition for retailers. It is up to you to maximise your chances with a good promotional campaign.
The keys to a successful SMS campaign
Choose the right time
The time of your mailing has a big influence on the attention your potential customers will pay to your message. This can vary according to your sector, but in principle, it can be interesting to play on the desire that a certain time of day can provoke: before lunch for a food offer, in the early afternoon for textiles, in the morning for high-tech products...
In any case, sending must be done within the limits of the hours to be respected for SMS marketing (from 8am to 8pm from Monday to Saturday)
Personalise your message
Make use of your Sender ID to be identifiable and use the mailing option to personalise each of your messages with the information in your contacts' files. With SMS you are already in the pocket of your customers, personalization will allow you to address them more personally and get their attention even more.
Take advantage of the drive-to-web potential of SMS
RCS (Rich Communication Service), but also simple SMS, is a proven technique to attract your prospects to your e-commerce site. By scheduling your sending at the right time, you can offer a fluid experience, from the reception of an offer to the act of purchase. With smsmode© you can monitor the results of your campaign.
The short history of Black Friday
In the United States, Black Friday is the day after the Thanksgiving holiday. This Friday is also traditionally a holiday in itself for many employees. For this reason, retailers decided to set up a day of special offers to mark the start of the Christmas shopping season with a bang. The sale day quickly caught on and the deep discounts quickly attracted hordes of customers.
Why the name? Legend has it that this day is called "Black Friday" because of an ancient accounting practice of recording profits in black ink and losses in red ink.
How can SMS make your marketing campaign stand out during Black Friday?
The answer can be summed up in five key words:
- Speed: An instantaneous means of communication with a very short opening time(between 1 and 4 minutes), SMS is a channel that will enable you to reach your target as closely as possible.
- Simplicity: After importing your contacts via a file (CSV or Excel) on our platform and writing your message, the campaign is ready to be sent.
- Proximity: SMS allows you to send your promotional offers without them getting lost in the flow of an email message or its filters. Your message will thus be received in better conditions.
- Creativity: The only limit is the one you set for yourself. For example, you could organise an SMS competition. This would improve your brand image andattract consumers to your shop.
- Profitability: SMS is on average 5 times more expensive than sending an email but with a 7 to 8 times higher return rate it allows for more profitable campaigns.
Choose smsmode©, leader in the A2P mobile communication market, to carry out your SMS campaign
- Direct connections to 500 operators worldwide.
- Competitive prices.
- Platform available 24/7.
- GDPR compliant service.
+ Account managers available to help you set up your campaigns!